Life is short so I make the most of my time by trying to read all kinds of different things and watching television and movies. I make my living as a professor of literature and I have written many boring things in the field of cultural history, as well as some that begin to show some promise. I kid you not when I say that most people visit this blog because they are looking for crib notes about The History of Love by Nicole Krauss, or because they are interested in Spider-Man. That’s just plain weird. But I still keep on typing over here, at LibraryThing and on twitter at @cristobalconway.
- At some point, it was decided that women joined book clubs and men liked boxing. I don't know how it happened but it's the pattern. 3 hours ago
- Curious how cultural historians will teach this in Texas History or Borderlands classes: "Chupacabra vs. the Alamo" nydailynews.com/entertainment/… 17 hours ago
- OVNI curioso en Chile lagaceta.com.ar/nota/544579/so… 18 hours ago
Top Posts & Pages
- The Cultural Meanings of Spider-Man: Critical Approaches to an American Icon
- Critical Approaches to The History of Love by Nicole Krauss
- CHRIS CONWAY
- The New Star Trek: An End to the Greatest Bromance of All Time? Or How Spock's New Romantic Life Challenges the Sentimental World of Classic Star Trek
- An Exercise in Literary Deconstruction: Frankenstein by Mary Shelley
- UFO over Trafalgar Square?
- Good versus Evil in Christmasland: A Review of Joe Hill's NOS4A2
- Zodiac, directed by David Fincher (2007)
- Uses of Zoho Creator (online database creation)
Photos and Illustrations
- 94,265 hits